First time here and just loved it. We upgraded on arrival to one of the luxury tents overlooking the camp and were not disappointed. made such a difference and the extra cost was worth it. The peace and tranquility were almost overwhelming.
The tents themselves were just lovely. When we stayed the temperatures dropped a bit at night and it was quite cold. the best thing ever one night was walking back to the tent in the evening after dinner and finding three hot water bottles had been placed in our bed! What a lovely touch that was, and so needed :)
All staff were lovely and friendly, and always at great pains, especially in the restaurant, to explain all the daily dishes to you. Must admit, I am quite used to going to hotels where the buffet dinners are huge and high quality with loads of choice. Although there was not as much choice here as I have been used to we always found at least one or two items each night that we absolutely loved, and always went back for more.
The hotel is perfectly located for the game drives, I think we did six in our four day stay. The early morning drives were my favourite, and actually really romantic. Luckily just me and my fiance and driver. It was very special and we have memories that we will always cherish from here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nothing quite captures the true spirit of East Africa, like a safari in Kenya’s richest game reserve, the Maasai Mara. Sarova Mara Game Camp offers front seats to nature’s most breathtaking show - the wildebeest migration. The endless plains of East Africa are the setting for the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle where, from the vast Serengeti plains to the champagne colored hills of Kenya’s Maasai Mara, over 1.4 million wildebeest and 200,000 zebra and gazelle, relentlessly tracked by Africa’s great predators, migrate in a clockwise fashion over 1,800 miles each year in search of rain ripened grass. Sarova Mara Game Camp is well positioned to enjoy this unique phenomenon. The rolling plains around the Camp are teeming with wildebeest, gazelles and zebras, during the migration months and the Camp is situated right in the center of their migration path. Sarova Mara Game Camp is also the ideal choice for those seeking a richer experience of Maasai Mara that goes much beyond just game drives. By virtue of its location and layout, the Camp offers an unparalleled plethora of activities and experiences from luxury tented living to bird-watching, mini golf, sport fishing and a unique insight into the Maasai culture at the adjoining Maasai village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve