First time here and just loved it. We upgraded on arrival to one of the luxury tents overlooking the camp and were not disappointed. made such a difference and the extra cost was worth it. The peace and tranquility were almost overwhelming.
The tents themselves were just lovely. When we stayed the temperatures dropped a bit at night and it was quite cold. the best thing ever one night was walking back to the tent in the evening after dinner and finding three hot water bottles had been placed in our bed! What a lovely touch that was, and so needed :)
All staff were lovely and friendly, and always at great pains, especially in the restaurant, to explain all the daily dishes to you. Must admit, I am quite used to going to hotels where the buffet dinners are huge and high quality with loads of choice. Although there was not as much choice here as I have been used to we always found at least one or two items each night that we absolutely loved, and always went back for more.
The hotel is perfectly located for the game drives, I think we did six in our four day stay. The early morning drives were my favourite, and actually really romantic. Luckily just me and my fiance and driver. It was very special and we have memories that we will always cherish from here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve