We recently stayed here for two nights in January and enjoyed it very much. Our tent had a comfortable king size bed, netting, and was very roomy. Similar to the other resorts, all meals were served buffet style. There was a wide variety of food and it was extremely good. Both soup and salads were “live prepared”. This meant someone would create them the way you liked - a very nice touch. The young lady who prepared the soup was a delight. Except for one exceptionally rude waiter at night, the staff was friendly if not terribly outgoing.
Electricity was turned off mid afternoon and late at night which was common in the tented camps. The tents had a hair dryer and a burner to get rid of insects. For such a nice place it was strange to have thin and somewhat worn towels. The young man who serviced our room (Tent 7) was very friendly and attentive.
Nice pool area, gift shop, bar, and lounge area.
Please note that the last 500 meters on the road to the resort were some of the roughest on our trip. The ride alone will give you a massage.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will recommend the Mara Sarova to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nothing quite captures the true spirit of East Africa, like a safari in Kenya’s richest game reserve, the Maasai Mara. Sarova Mara Game Camp offers front seats to nature’s most breathtaking show - the wildebeest migration. The endless plains of East Africa are the setting for the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle where, from the vast Serengeti plains to the champagne colored hills of Kenya’s Maasai Mara, over 1.4 million wildebeest and 200,000 zebra and gazelle, relentlessly tracked by Africa’s great predators, migrate in a clockwise fashion over 1,800 miles each year in search of rain ripened grass. Sarova Mara Game Camp is well positioned to enjoy this unique phenomenon. The rolling plains around the Camp are teeming with wildebeest, gazelles and zebras, during the migration months and the Camp is situated right in the center of their migration path. Sarova Mara Game Camp is also the ideal choice for those seeking a richer experience of Maasai Mara that goes much beyond just game drives. By virtue of its location and layout, the Camp offers an unparalleled plethora of activities and experiences from luxury tented living to bird-watching, mini golf, sport fishing and a unique insight into the Maasai culture at the adjoining Maasai village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hotels.com, Elvoline ltd, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve