- Beautiful scenery and landscape
- Right at the tip of Masai Mara, which is at the heart of the annual animal migration
- Beautifully appointed tents but with all the comforts of an indoor hotel room
- Very comfortable bed with hot water warmers placed during turndown
- Great housekeeping and turndown service
- Food at restaurants were delicious and the buffet spread was comprehensive
- I highly recommend the bush dinner where a buffet dinner is served in the middle of nowhere, under the stars, next to the bonfire after a traditional performance.. it was such an out-of-the-world experience
- Cold towels and orange juice on arrival
- No direct line to reception at all
- Some rooms may find the trek to reception/drop off quite far
- (both pro and con), but electricity is shut off at scheduled times to conserve electrivity
- In my 3 nights stay, the hot water in the shower never worked and there were only cold water. I was fortunate to be staying next to a team member whose tent had hot showers. When I reported the shower issue to the reception, they told me it would be fixed that night. Turns out, it wasn't fixed. On the third day, I reported the issue to the reception again, and they told me about a pipe problem. I'm fine with the issue since I have another tent to go to, but I feel bad for those who don't. The shower defect also affected one other room next to ours. It would have been better if the reception offered us a new room, or fix the problem rather than telling us the problem.
- Internet signal goes down during certain times in the afternoon
Overall, highly recommended as it was such an amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve