This hotel is right in the middle of the Kenyan bush and is surrounded by the most beautiful scenery. The panoramic views are stunning and the pool area is wonderful. We saw a dik dik on the property which was really fun and their resident monkeys were really cute but apparently aggressive if you have food. The service was good and they even have a doctor on staff, which is convenient because we had a sick family member. Anyway, we had a great time and the only reasons this place did not get a 5 star rating from me was because:
1. The food is ok but not great. Their packed picnic lunch was deplorable at best.
2. There is no TV in the room. I know, I know it's a minor thing and we are in the middle of the bush and really should not expect a TV in the room but there is virtually no other entertainment on this property so a TV would have been nice.
3. There is no clock or phone in the room. An alarm clock would have been nice. If you need anything from the staff, you have to walk quite a long distance to the reception, which sucks when it rains.
Otherwise, all good!
- Also Known As:
- Mara Sopa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Sopa Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve