Loved it. great location, attention to guests, delicious food and excellent management. we had a couple of requests and the manager accommodated immediately. Tents were comfy and felt good to know that we were staying in one of the only two Gold standard eco lodges in the masai mara. We booked two nights at the base camp and two at the eagle's view. Our guide/driver Agnes, one of the only five female masai women trained as guides, was outstanding. she really helped made our trip memorable. Highly recommended. The masai mara is a seriously great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve