Worked out absolutely perfect for our Honeymoon. Only stayed a couple of nights, which is fine, but could have easily stayed more. Basecamp is a really special place. Not only is it luxurious and secluded, but it is eco-friendly and run by local Maasai people. Amazing attention to detail. Beautiful safari tents. Views overlooking Maasai Mara. Really feel in the heart of the wild. Food 5*. Completely flexible around us, things ran like clockwork and even without us having to ask - just like they were psychic! I priced up about 20 of the best rated camps in the Masai Mara and this was the best value. But I can't see what more we could have had! We will still remember this place on our 50th Wedding anniversary and I expect will have been back a few times since as well!
We went on Safari in Zambia and Tanzania, before coming to Kenya. The Masai Mara was our absolute favourite, no competition. We saw more animals up close and beautiful scenery than in any other National Park. Amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.