A family of 5, we started of a Basecamp for two nights, two nights at Dorado Bush camp and finishing the week with two nights at the newly renovated "Eagle View". Basecamp gave us an introduction to Kenya, the area with all its exciting wildlife and the Maasai culture. Staff were friendly, food were excellent and the guides very professional. At the Bush camp "Dorobo" we lived as one with the nature, more simple living but still excellent food and service. We kept the same guides who now became more like friends. The best thing in Dorobo was the "walking safaris" were we the local Maasai guides shared their knowledge about the wildlife and suddenly you were in the wildlife( A bit scary at the start). We finished off at "Eagle view"...what a place!!
The newly renovated Eagle view took our breath away....new tents (if you can call it tents:-), friendly people and you guessed it, the same guides. The food was even better and we truly enjoyed the stay, all of us.
In one way we were lucky and I believe did the camps in the correct order finishing off with Eagle View. The other way around had not been as good. If you cannot stay at all three places I’d go for “Eagle view” maybe three nights with one to two days in the bush camp.
I had this Safari on my bucket list...I had high expectations and Basecamp delivered more than I had hoped for.
Thomas, Marit, Frida, Malin & Ellie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve