We were initially a little unsure about staying at this Lodge due to the fact it was open.....yes that's right no fencing to keep the wild animals out! The is need to worry at all we felt totally safe, at the end of the evening the Security guy appeared almost immediately to escort back to our Lodge.
On arrival we were welcomed with a refreshing drink and towels to freshen up, what a great touch.
When on the patio area we were greeted by a local who took us to the Hippo pool, on the way he pointed out additional animals which we could have so easily missed if we had walked by ourselves.
Every meal was to good standard, and varied. Our table service guy (Andrew) was excellent, not only in the way he provided drinks, cleared the table but also the way he took time to have conversation with us, he even took a great interest in teaching us Swahili which was a nice touch.
I wished we had spent more time at this Lodge as two days is clearly not enough. On our game drives to this reserve we saw numerous animals with made the whole experience to this Lodge and reserve so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve