We must not be their demographic. If you like compounds with gobs of people (200 rooms), western food that is at best ok, overpriced everything (wi-fi should not be additional at these prices) than please stay here. Staff in both the reservation area and in the restaurant service area were burnt-out on tourists - not helpful not pleasant. The cooks were nice though.
We read reviews from others and see that we belong somewhere else. Having lived in Africa for many years, we find places like this to be "out of Africa".
To all those that found this place to be great, more power to you. The five of us (all adults in three rooms) promised to never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve