Keekorok is a wonderful place to stay , it feels well established and traditional. The location is great and rooms have wonderful views often with wildlife wandering right in front of your room.Where else can you wake in the night to find zebras grazing at your door in the moonlight. The restaurant was good with plenty of choice and good service. The hippo pool is good to visit and game drives in the Mara are truly outstanding - the abundance of wildlife is amazing. There are no doubt more luxurious properties to stay in but this one is friendly , comfortable and you are made to feel welcome . No complaints whatsoever , would recommend and stay again .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve