After reading some of the negative reviews, was sceptical how my experience of the lodge will be. However, after staying there for two days, I presume the negative feedback was indeed biased and uncalled for. An excellent lodge with one of the best location in the safari game reserve. A perfect place to unwind yourself after the game drives with all the possible comforts you can ask for in the middle of a safari park. The hippo bar is their prime attraction. Special mention must be made of the security personnel who are always on the alert as hippo's, zebras do loiter in the gardens of the hotel in the night. The food was excellent and so was the desert. A memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve