The welcome after a long drive was very welcoming and appreciated. The room was fine and clean if a little dated. In fairness, by the time you get back from your game drive, you'll be too wiped out to care! The service from all the staff was excellent and they made the effort to sound like they cared how good your day had been. The food was excellent with a huge amount of choice. Very tasty too. The only time I saw an unhappy customer was an incredibly large American with 3 dinner plates crammed full of food, complaining that his sweet potato was too salty! No pleasing some people. I'm sure he got his daily calorie intake from the other 2 1/2 plates. Plus desert! You can't fail to enjoy a stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Hotel
- Keekorok Lodge
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.