Stayed at Keekorok lodge mid June for a 3 day safari. We were originally meant to be staying at an alternative lodge outside the reserve, but the safari company (S.H.O.O.R safaris) asked if we'd like to upgrade for a relatively small amount per person, and we agreed mainly on the basis that the lodge is within the NP and would give us more safari time. When we arrived the reception was fantastic with glasses of mango juice and fresh cloths to wash our rather dusty faces. Then the rooms were lovely, very spacious and nice clean bathrooms with good showers (which you want after a dusty day of safari!). Food was excellent, and very plentiful, and cocktails were lovely too. The pool was clean and towels provided for you. The hippo walkway was something special too - a good chance to see the hippos more active in the evening, as well as baboons, monkeys, and even elephants! Staff were always friendly and welcoming, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve