One of the oldest lodges in the Mara; and well situated within the park. We were lucky to see many Wildebeeste, Cheetahs, elephants and lions within an hours drive of the lodge. Good food, and very friendly staff.
Issues were very high priced drinks and a whole contingent of chinese tourists who had no idea they were in the middle of the park. These guys partied till close to 2am, shouting, smoking & drinking, banging doors and generally being obnoxious and completely unruly. Despite 2 calls to the reception very little was done and it spoilt a good day & evening as none of the other residents got any sleep !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve