I have been on a few safaris and can absolutely recommend Kicheche Mara as a perfect camp to choose for your safari holiday. The camp is in a lovely location and there are great and varying landscapes on the drives you go on. The wildlife is as special as you would hope and more...it is all there for the wonderful guides there to find and show you. The Masai guides are great. We had Joseph who taught us a lot on our drives as well as the walk we took with him. The walk was really special, you get so close up to everything and learn about the plants, footprints, insects etc that you might miss on the drives. They are used to photographers and are sensitive to their requests and needs, and I have to admit that one of the best photos my camera took was one that Joseph took for me of a leopard!
The food in the camp is absolutely outstanding, and it's lovely that they invite you to look round the kitchens and gardens where they grow most of your fresh meals. All the staff were amazing, big smiles, an easy, happy, relaxing and friendly atmosphere abounds in this camp. The tents are very comfortable and are all located with great views of the bush, and you get to see the monkeys close up and some of the game that wanders close by. The security is great, and Masai guides escort you to and from your tent at night. My favourite part was the hot bucket shower ready when we got back from the evening game drive!
Cat was the manager when we were there and really is a perfect host. She runs a friendly and welcoming camp that we had our best times in Kenya in. My family went there for my father's 80th birthday, and Cat and all the Kicheche staff made him feel so special, dancing around the table singing with a cake for him, happy memories!
I couldn't have been more impressed, or have wanted more from my safari. Top marks and thank you Cat, Joseph, all the cooks and team who made us feel so welcome and happy and showed us the wonders of the bush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our bush hideaway welcomes you to a different world, centered at the heart of the African wilderness. Experiencing a traditional luxury camp is a must on safari and, with Kicheche, one that is intimate, secluded and in an area surrounded by prolific wildlife. Staying in a bush camp doesn't mean compromising on comfort, the food and service are first class, as are the warmth and experience of Kicheche's staff making your safari an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Kicheche Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve