We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay.
Mara Serena was one of three Serenas on our trip (we also stayed at Ngorongoro Serena and Samburu Serena).
We thought this was by far the nicest one!
The lodge is very unique, with all the pod-like rooms and the decor is very whimsical!
The views here are wonderful. No matter where your room is you should have a beautiful vista to enjoy!
The rooms are pretty large, with a separate seating area with a sliding glass door that opens out onto the view.
The beds were fairly soft (which to me means comfortable) and there were lots of good pillows.
The bathroom was nice and large with plenty of counter space.
The shower had good water pressure and hot water, but could have been larger (it'll be difficult for a woman to shave her legs in there).
There is no TV and no air conditioning, but AC was definitely not needed in the first week of October.
Their internet was only working intermittently, sometimes it was down for most of the day.
Ask at the front desk before you pay for time, they'll let you know if it's working or not.
The fee for the internet was $4-5US per hour or $21US for 24 hours.
The outdoor areas were lovely! Lots of little quiet places to sit and enjoy the views!
Drinks weren't cheap. Beer started at around $4US, wine was $8-9US and mixed drinks were outrageously high ($15US for a margarita!)
The food was pretty good, with a large buffet. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to find something you like. They had a great pasta station where you pick the veggies and sauce you want and they saute it right in front of you. Very tasty!
The desserts, however were always a bit of a disappointment.
The food situation was pretty much the same at all the Serenas.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
Laundry is done very quickly (if you drop off in the morning by 10am they have it back to you that same evening.
Pants and shirts were about $2-3US a piece.
Also, we were able to pay for incidentals (like laundry and drinks) with a credit card with no extra fee added on. We had heard that they charge an extra 3-5% when paying by credit card but found that not to be the case at all the Serenas.
We really enjoyed our stay here. I would highly recommend it and would suggest to stay a minimum of 3 nights here, unless you'll be dividing your time up between 2 places in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve