This was our second time in the property and we were pleasantly surprised at all the improvements. The lobby and reception area are now one big expanse with floor to ceiling windows opening out to the Mara Plains and beyond-- just totally breathtaking. There are comfortable areas to meet in small groups. The rooms are like little pods but quite spacious and all with great views. Wish they had ceiling fans as it was quite warm to sleep and there were no screens, so couldn't leave the doors open. Some of the remodeling construction has interrupted the traffic flow temporarily from the bar/reception area to the restaurant, but I feel certain once this is completed all will flow quite well. Right now, it is a little treacherous navigating and definitely not for handicapped as there are numerous stairs. Food was excellent and always plentiful. We had 2 special servers, Peter and Jacinta who always took care of us with a smile.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel
- Mara Serena
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.