This was our last stop on our two week safari and our least favourite. Although the views were second to none and the service and food were excellent we felt very hemmed in with very little outside space to roam around in and the Masai 'pods' really squashed together. The two days we spent there were very busy with nearly all the rooms full and there was nowhere that we could go to get some peace and quiet away from the crowds.
The rooms were quite ostentatious but I'm sure the majority of people would love them.
I must add that the quality of everything was very good but somehow we felt the lodge lacked that personal touch that we'd become used to and we felt just one of the crowd.
I cannot fault the amenities but perhaps this lodge just wasn't for us being extremely busy and noisy. Also if you did have any mobility problems it could be difficult as there is quite a steep walk if you are in one of the lower rooms.
Most people would love this place but if you are looking for tranquillity and and peacefulness then perhaps this place would not be for you either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve