We stayed here in January 2013 at the end of our amazing safari in Kenya. The position of the lodge cannot be faulted with amazing, far reaching views down over the grasslands to the Mara River. All of the reception areas and the rooms were like stone pods and we kept expecting 'Fred & Wilma' (the Flintstones) to appear at any time. Our biggest disappointment was the attitude of the Dining Room Manager towards us. She obviously wanted to finish early on both evenings we stayed there and insisted that we went in for dinner even though we had just sat down for a pre-dinner drink. On the second evening she sat us in a part of the dining room where there were no other guests, while everybody else was in the area with views over the river, and then while we were eating proceeded to set all the tables around us for breakfast, making us feel extremely unwelcome and uncomfortable.
However, that is the only complaint we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve