Our stay at this property was part of our tour which was arranged by Lion World Tours of Canada and run locally by Pollman Tours. This is a first class property with great amenities and staff who are very accomodating and friendly especially if you make an effort to speak Swahili. Rooms were extremely clean and decorated well. Location of rooms is overlooking the plain on an escarpment . I would try to get lower number rooms as they are a little farther from the main lodge so view is better and probably a little quieter but honestly noise wasn't a problem. Another point that is important to travelers is the exchange rate and pricing at the gift shop. Both of these are well within line especially considering the distance from Nairobi ( 7+hours). There is a Maasai cultural program given AT THE LODGE for USD20 and well worth it. Semi-mandatory dancing with the Maasai but the information presented (our presenter was Ole Reko) was both fascinating and well done. Food was very good while the "Active Cooking Station"- pasta, crepes, vegetarian was really excellent bordering on superb. Proximity to very fruitful areas for the game drives also minimized travel time and maximized viewing time.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel
- Mara Serena
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.