We flew in to the Mara and went straight to the lodge for lunch. It is in a very impressive position on a ridge overlooking the Mara with all the rooms having magnificant views. The food was amazingly good with the usual perfect service from the well trained waiters. The safaris were brilliant as the lodge is in the park. The biggest thrill is the Special Breakfast which I feel cannot be repeated anywhere else in the world. An optional extra is a visit to the Masaii village, a tourist attraction, but if you are very lucky the staff support a Masaii school on occasional visits which is a wonderful experience. A plentiful supply of biros comes in very handy ! Altogether, having been to Kenya 16 times, this is the only place to go in the Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve