We spent two nights here as part of our safari. The lodge is located in the Mara Triangle section of Masai Mara Game Reserve which has in my opinion some of the highest density of game in the Masai Mara. The views from the hotel are fantastic.
The negatives: The design of the hotel is slightly odd - a little like the Flintstones! The lodge is large (74 rooms) so the service is not very individual and the pool is too small for the number of guests staying there. The rooms got very hot and there was no AC or even a fan, which would have been much appreciated, and as others have suggested it isn't recommended to leave the windows open due to baboons and snakes (we had a black mamba outside our window!) so they can get a little stuffy in late afternoon and evenings.
However, the food was delicious and the rooms large enough, peaceful and comfortable (despite the heat).
As the location is prime for game drives I would recommend the Mara Serena, but if you have stayed at smaller lodges you may feel slightly disappointed, and the quality is not quite up to scratch of Serena Hotels elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve