We stayed at the Mara Serena because we were in a family group with small children and several nervous travellers on their first trip to Africa. It absolutely suited our needs on that count (with adjoining childrens' rooms) and the safari drives were wonderful (Nicolas a great driver) but my husband and I, having stayed in other safari lodges and hotels in Kenya, were very disappointed in the staff. At Kishwa Temba a couple of years ago, we were given hospitality second to none and would return there rather than the Mara Serena on our next safari. The dining room staff were sleepy and inattentive and we often felt that we were in their way in a crowded dining room and a simple request to move tables was met with complete refusal. However, the rooms were lovely, with views over the savanna and Mara river and it was magical to sit on the balcony or by the pool and spot elephant, lion, hippos as well as all the usual game animals. The location could not be bettered and it was only really the dining and reception staff who let the lodge down. Disappointing, considering the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve