We stayed at Bateleur for two nights - and would have loved more. We were originally booked into the (cheaper) sister camp at Kichwa Tembo, but on arrival our guide was directed to the car park for Bateleur. Thinking there was some sort of mistake, we were a little worried and didn't really appreciate the initial welcome, but after being shown to our room and returning to the main area, there was no doubt that we were in the right place and made to feel very welcome.
The room (a luxury tent) was very comfortable and had wonderful views over the edge of the Mara - we saw plenty of game from the veranda. The lodge has resident monkeys, warthogs, mongooses and bushbuck as well.
The food was of high quality and good size portions. The service was personal and friendly throughout - everything we've come to expect from &Beyond.
I can't comment on the guides on the game drives as we had our own guide as part of a tour, but when talking to them at the lodge, they seemed very knowledgeable, and other guests seemed very happy with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forests on the very edge of the Masai Mara, each elegant tent at andBeyond Bateleur Camp replicates the style and glamour of vintage Africa. A world of hardwood floors, polished silver and sparkling crystal is juxtaposed against the romance of the open Mara plains, with their abundant herds of wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your andBeyond Bateleur Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bateleur Camp At Kichwa Tembo Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Bateleur Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve