“Out of this world experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara

You added Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara to your Saves list
Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Olare Orok Conservancy, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya (Formerly Olare Ntiakitiak)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Foster City
“Out of this world experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent Customer Service!
Personalized service.
Great food!
Geoffery - the Manager is brilliant! Catered to our every whim!
I was only scared the first night because the tents are fenceless and I was scared but apart from that, the 2 days we spent there were a vacation like no other.
The whole experince was just brilliant!
GO FOR IT!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BernardMercier, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your post on your stay at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara. Happy to hear that you had a memorable journey to the Mara. Look forward to having you with us once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was a short but really awesome trip to the Masai Mara while visiting a friend in Nairobi.

My stay at the Olare Mara Kempinski was perfect from the time of landing until my departure.

Philip picked me up and drove me very gently to the lodge, where I could already see a lot of wildlife thanks to him, since he was pointing it out to me. But also herds of giraffes and gazelles greeted me on the way.
The greeting of the Masai at the entrance makes the arrival extremely special and Dominic, Geoffrey and Rahel made me feel instantly welcome.
The rooms, although tents, are impeccably clean and leave nothing to wish for, the terrace is spacious and just made to feel comfortable. The beds are extremely comfy and guarantee for a heavenly sleep after a day in the bush
While I was having a quick lunch, which was just prepared according to my preferences, Bernard came to introduce himself as the driver who would take me for the game drive. He is very knowledgable, keeps pointing out everything on the way (special thanks to that because apparently my eyesight is not made for the bush) and makes sure that his guests feel comfortable at all times. If possible he makes sure that everyone gets to see their favorites, too. The fact that it rained during the drive did not matter at all - if anything, it added to the atmosphere.
The guards in the lodge make sure that guests feel safe at all times, especially when they walk you from your tent to the main building and back, always with a friendly attitude.
Santosh (Sous Chef) and Julias (Service) made the dinner a real experience. From the Aperitif down to the last glass of wine. The food was delicious and prepared with love to detail, and Julias made sure that everybody, no matter what language they spoke, felt comfortable.
After a friendly wake-up call it was time for the morning game drive and when I reached the main building my tea, I ordered the day before, was already waiting for me and also Bernard was good to go.

After another great experience with loads of animals, I got a massage from Agnes, which was extremely relaxing and just with the right pressure applied. The lunch was great as well, and Santosh even prepared a special starter for me, since I did not like what was on the menu.

The guy (unfortunately I forgot his name) who drove me back to the airport made sure I did not miss a Cheetah and her two cubs feeding right next to the road and dropped me safely to the airport.

If there is anything to improve on I can only say the reading lamp in the living room area since I did not like the kind of light it gives, and the bathroom light is a little bit to weak to give a real good vision at night. But then again, if this is the only 'issue' during a stay, then I consider myself really lucky!

Great work, team Olare! Keep the good work up - I will be back again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara.
We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the property and had a special arrival welcome.
Its nice to hear that our colleagues in the Mara were able to make your stay magical. We will pass on your compliments to the team.
We have noted your concern’s regarding the reading lighting in the living room area and the bathroom and will definitely work on best solutions.
Happy to also hear that you got a pleasant send off from the Mara from the Cheetah and her cubs.
Look forward to having you back with us in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed there as a family of friends including a couple of grande dames and there was not a single thing to fault.
From Geoff the manager, to David my room attendant, David the driver to Santosh the sous chef, nothing was left to chance and everything was possible and done to the highest standards.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Olare Mara Kempinski Mara. We are happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at the property, and Geoff, both David’s and Santosh were able to ensure your safari was excellent. Look forward to having you back with us in the near future.
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location, food, rooms, and specially the STAFF is incredible. This hotel is a Jewel in the middle of the Masai Mara. I will definitively recommend it for honeymooners because everything about the place is absolutely romantic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Olare Mara Kempinski Mara. Glad to hear that you had a perfect stay at the resort. The Masai Mara is indeed a romantic destination and ideal for intimate weddings comprising of close friends and family, it is also an extremely special venue for honeymooners beginning their journey together. Thank you for choosing Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara as your resort of choice in the Mara.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had an amazing Easter at olare Mara kempinski in Masai Mara. Have no words to say. ***EXCELLENT*** extremely friendly & caring staff, very well laid out campsite, etc. (too much to say about the camp) it's a lovely place to be with the family, as it is very ideal with the services provided by olare Mara kempinski. Well done to you guys, hats off. At most respectful, friendly, loving & caring staff. We will be for sure coming back soon! Thank you for arranging the special arrangements despite the rivers behaviors.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara. We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay at the resort during Easter. We will pass on your compliments to our colleagues at the property and look forward to having you back with us in the near future. If there is anything that we can do to assist with your next reservation, please let us know.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent several times in the Mara for a Safari, but this Camp is outstanding and really the best we've ever been. Actually, it's not a camp it's more like a luxury hotel in the bush. Very nice rooms, especially the bathroom!!

Attentive and lovely caring staff. Game drivers with a high expertise. All overall the perfect location to spend your days in the bush.

Because this camp is part of its own conservancy within the masai mara you really see a lot of animals, huge plus compared to other lodges in the mara.

We've seen all animals we wanted and were more than impressed of this whole "experience" I would say.

Booked our next stay already ;-))

Room Tip: The Honeymoon tent with its own whirlpool is a great choice to stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KIMER1, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara.
Olare Orok Conservancy is indeed a very special destination.
We are delighted to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us. If there is anything that we can do to assist with your next visit, please let us know.
Tripoli, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent as expected
What I usually expect when visiting a Kempinski property is the professional and friendly stuff. My expectations were fulfilled during our two-night stay. Moreover, food was great, the tents were spacious, luxurious and clean. There is no fence around the camp. In our second day, two lions tried to wonder between the tents but the Maasai guards prevented them using traditional means. It was a thrilling experience although we did not feel unsecure at any time. 24-hour electricity, wireless internet in public areas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KIMER1, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara as your resort of choice in the Mara.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the thrills of being in the Mara - wildlife within proximity of the resort.
Look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Been to Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara? Share your experiences!