“Nice little friendly camp” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rhino Tourist Camp to your Saves list
Rhino Tourist Camp
Ololaimutia Gate, Maasai Mara National Reserve 00200, Kenya   |
“Nice little friendly camp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice couple of nights stay food was ok but the chef made up for it he was very helpful and went out of his way to please a difficult customer. My grandaughter loved the monkeys and masaii village. I will be sending some pics to you for the masaii alan leming i think his name was a very nice lad thanks it was all fine for us debby and chantelle.

• Stayed July 2013

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a whole day in a safari car, it's nice to have a cosy place waiting for you. Of course it's not luxurious but it's definitely comfortable and clean, which to me was enough. Also it was good that the rooms had their own bathrooms. The food there was also very good, I wasn't expecting that, way better than in many restaurants in Nairobi. One of the highlights to me was the bonfire. After dinner, almost everyone in the camp got together around it, people form all around the world exchanging experiences, very interesting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
rhinotouristcamp, General Manager at Rhino Tourist Camp, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our campsite. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you to visit us again when you have another chance to travel to Kenya.

I am also pleased to mention that as of today we have renovated all our rooms so that both Wing A and B are of the same standard. We now have tiles in all the bathrooms as opposed to in one wing as was the case when you visited. All this is in an effort to make sure that guests staying at our campsite have comfortable and pleasant accommodation to compliment the Safari experience.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you are travelling on a limited budget and aren't looking for luxury and pampering while on safari, then it is worthwhile to give the Rhino Camp in Maasai Mara a go. I was there for two nights while on safari and I believe i got value for money. The rooms are clean and I agree with some reviewers here that the staff are rather friendly.
My only concern was that the food menu is rather limited. The food is tasty, yes but there really isn't much to choose from. If they can have a bigger variety, then I am sure travelers would't mind spending a little extra.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The highlight of my safari was my trip to the maasai mara park and i am very happy with my experience. I came face to face with what i only used to see on national geographic. I saw the famed BIG FIVE and at very close range too!
I stayed at the rhino tourist camp for 2 nights. The camp has a rather warm and somewhat cosy atmosphere and I think this is partly because of the layout of the camp. For a low season, it was surprisingly well occupied. I counted 37 people on the first night at the dining area.
My tent was quite neat with clean bed sheets and a clean tiled bathroom. There is hot water in the evenings and early morning. Power is by generator and this is on only for a few hours 6-10p.m. in the evening and 6-8 in the morning. The food was not fancy and not very varied but it was very tasty. The staff there are also quite friendly which is what i enjoyed the most.
I highly recommend this camp to trip advisor readers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Located three minutes from the park.
Clean, tidy: two rows of tents, common dining room - on sale water, beer.
In the tent two beds with mosquito nets, shower, toilet, sink, socket.
Electricity in the morning for two hours and three hours in the evening - we had a triple adapter, all the time to charge.
Once closed the only vertical zipper on the tent, and the bottom two forgot to close - monkey got into the tent and turned everything upside down.
Breakfast and dinner - buffet, everything is quite simple but tasty and nutritious (stewed vegetables and meats, sausages, pasta, baked potatoes, fruit).
Near the dining room is a tent, where you can get a massage.
A good camp for a budget accommodation in Masai Mara!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you want to go to kenya in a safari and sleep in a luxury bed, stay home cause the nice atmosfere is have adventure and enjoy the simple things of life :D
The tends are basic, however clean. Bathroom inside with hot water. Very simple one, but clean.
Lights and energy are not on whole day. There are specific times to use the eletricity.
breakfast is good, lunch and dinner amazing kenyan food.
beer is hot, I mean natural temperature, but I am brazilian and we only drink iced beer... was terrible.
Check the weather cause was a bit cold at night in June, bring jackets.
Is inside of jungle, so you have to be ready agaist moskitos. There is nets on the beds.
I didn't see any weird or disgusting animal at the camp, thanks god.. Just birds and few lezards out side my tent.
Is close to Massai Mara tribe, so they will take you to meet the comunity. Very poor btw...
Good to put your mind in place and see the reality of others.
I spent 2 nights over there and it was one of the best experience in my life.
staffs are nice with big smile all the time.
My bathroom was very simple but I saw some pics now and I think they put some tile now... is better check.
I made so many friends there... was so amazing... :D
Go for it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were with ny husband in Camp. Wonderfull place!!! Realy!! Kindly personal, very close with park, not noisy. We would like to return in Rhino on other year with our friends. Very good meal and cooks!!! Ive never see a lot of stars like here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rhino Tourist Camp? Share your experiences!