“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp

You added Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp to your Saves list
Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp
4.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Cismara Koiyaki Dagurugurueiti | P.O Box 741 - Narok, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wow what a place. From the moment we arrived right up to us leaving they made our stay special. All the staff were amazing and the food was to die for. Anything you needed they would provide from hot water bottles to shoe cleaning. The 'tents' if you can call them that are out of this world with a shower over looking the river, king size beds and the wake up call from the hippos is something I never thought I would hear. When we decided to go on safari we did not know it would be as luxurious as this. We spent two days here and would of liked longer to explore and relax and we will make sure we return. Thank you so much for making our visit special.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Incredible experience. Accommodations were fantastic and the service was amazing. Never had a personal butler before. The food was also quite good. David the driver/safari guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and was a great driver in difficult rainy season conditions. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Wonderful accommodations, wonderful staff, wonderful experience. Everything about this place is awesome! What made this trip so special is that the guides know so so well the animals who live near the camp. So by the end of the 2nd day, we in the car felt like we knew about the animal families (mom/son/daughter cheetahs, pride of at least 20 lions, leopard brother and sister, elephants --- all of who we saw in one day!) as well. The staff was so gracious and hospitable and went out of their way to make sure that we had every thing we needed to relax and enjoy their wonderful experience. You do hear the hippos making their night sounds, but with all of the fresh air and incredible safari experience - it was only fitting...and you quickly fell back to sleep. The time when not on safari was also so incredibly relaxing. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: All are good -- you have to walk to the dining room no matter where you are. At night they have Mas...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Exploreans Mara Rianta lodge. Right from our welcome it was apparent that this place is very special. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The tented suites are amazing and the lodge restaraunt, bar and pool area are beautiful. The level of luxury and service is as good as I've ever experienced. Unlike some other all inclusive hotels there is no cutting corners on food and drinks with a wide selection available. Breakfast was very good. The only small criticism I'd have is that some dishes for lunch and dinner were hit and miss. I think it could be improved if the chef kept the menu to fewer dishes properly executed.

The highlight was the safari game drives. Our guide was very informative and friendly. The conservation is low density compared to other game parks so we were able to get very close to the animals for unparalleled viewing. And there's plenty of game to view. On our first morning drive we saw 4 of the bug 5. Seeing lions feeding and cheetahs hunting up close and personal is a wonderful experience. And sipping a beer on next to our jeep watching the sun set on the savannah is a memory I'll never forget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I didn't really know what to expect - a friend made reservations on my behalf and I was blown away when I arrived in the 'Mara' last Thursday. The location is fabulous - This permanent tented camp sits along a beautiful, hippo-filled river. I was extremely impressed with the service that was provided. Food was delicious - each meal was a 4 or 5 course event. Eating lunch outside along the river with hippos just a few meters away was a great experience. I was VERY impressed with my guide David. He was extremely knowledgeable, courteous and fun. I had the opportunity to take 4 Game Drives while I was there and saw nearly every one of the amazing animals in the Mara: Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, White Rhinos, etc...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Wonderful permanent tented camp in the spectacular Masa Mara region. Although we were on a private tour group, the camp does offer their own guides and game drives, so one could come here directly without a tour group. The restaurant is as fine a one as you will find anywhere. All the staff were outstanding. Relaxing outdoor pool and plenty of relaxing scenery. Great place to relax and unwind if you want to get away. Make no doubt that this is a luxury property....but worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Quiet, natural beauty, attention to details, outstanding welcoming staff, thrilling game drives, WOW tent and delicious food and two families of hippos... that makes this on my select "I Can't Wait To Return List"! My first experience into the Mara and it was terrific. Traveling alone I believe I received even more TLC. My "private butler" was a delight and he cared for me as if I was a special family member. The deck off my tent gave me views of the river and hippos. I loved it there and had coffee and lunch there on several occasions. The spa service was sensational. The ambiance more than I could ever have expected. My guide, Jackson, was terrific. I learned not only about the Mara but also about the Maasai as he is part of that peaceful tribe. The cuisine and dining service was spectacular. I would strongly recommend this property for not only its amenities but also the game viewing. The first day we watched a leopard in his favorite rock encampment and he was not just sleeping!

Room Tip: My tent was the "Eland" - the largest of the antelopes. Loved the location - private and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp? Share your experiences!