“A very unique and wonderful break in a beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars

Mara Eden Safari Camp
Masai Mara, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
Offers & Announcements
7 DAYS KENYA TOUR $2049/-
“A very unique and wonderful break in a beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

A vey special and different experience from the 'normal run of the mill' safaris camps in the Masai Mara - I thoroughly recommend it and I have been going on safari in Kenya for more than 30 years.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Mara Eden far exceeded ALL expectations!!! Great staff, exquisite cuisine, best "wild meets luxury" definition. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Tents 1-4 are closer to the river Talek...so you will almost be guaranteed a viewing of crocs in the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Amargosa Valley, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay with Munir & Jay at their lovely camp. There are individual tents with comfy beds great bathrooms, luxury at a reasonable price. The staff was just great but it was the personal interaction with the owners Munir & Jay that made it extra special. Coming out to personally meet you, checking for special needs ie. food. One of highlights and different from other places I stayed was the family style dining. I was a solo and dinning this way gave one the opportunity to meet and mix with others staying there and i find that interaction a highlight of my trips. The food was fantastic. If I return to the Mara this is the place I would pick to stay, some of the others were more opulent but this was the best.

Room Tip: All the tents seem to be equal
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

If you are ever thinking of going on safari and experiencing the best, PLEASE stay here. This place was truly amazing. I have been on a safari previously, and I must say that of all the places I have stayed along the way and in the past, this place outranks all others. The tents are fully equipped with everything you need and with the highest quality I have ever seen in Africa. The showers are sooo amazing, I wish I could have one in my own house - its like taking a shower in the most beautiful rock garden. The tents are perfectly positioned right by the water, so you can spot & hear all the hippos at night time! I was too scared to look out the tent myself, I should have woken up my friend (maybe next time), but definitely an experience everyone must have in their lifetime! The location is so peaceful and desolate, an experience I have not had at any other place I have stayed. You can even animal watch right from your porch! They do walking safaris, and the food and service were just as impressive! I could go on and on about all the little things that make this place so great, but I wanted to make this short and sweet. Being a hotel manager, I sometimes find myself to be a little more critical than the average person, but I couldn't find one thing that they missed. Everything I needed/looked for was there. Definitely above my expectations. I wish them much success, and I will definitely return here on my next safari!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

I never met before so nice staff, who fulfills all your needs 24 hours. you can attend them to any kind of request, they will help for sure. beautiful place, fantastic memories.

• Stayed August 2011
Wolfratshausen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had the unexpected joy to spend 2 nights at the Mara Eden Camp.
Originally we had a booking for the Mara Leisure Camp, but after check-in we found out, that we are an over booking. In the beginning we have been disapointed and afraid of where the driver is taking us in the 20 minute ride along Talek river. But once we saw the property and got to know to Jay and Munir, we were very glad to be an "over booking".
The three nights before this we stayed at the Royal Mara Camp. That means we had the best experience one can have on a Massai Mara Safari. But Jay, Munir and JJ, our waiter, made us feel so welcome and comfortable that we stopped comparing with the Royal Mara Camp. This is the same level for sure, but at a different place.
Best experience was our candle lite dinner in front of our tent on the last evening.
I really would love to come back to Kenya and visit all the amazing places and beautiful people again, we met this August!!

Room Tip: There are only 8 tents in the moment, so every tent is perfect!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bilbao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed in this camp 2 weeks ago on our trip to Kenya and it was the best place I have ever been to.

The staff was more than perfect and the environment was just as the camp name says: Eden.

Amazing food being in the middle of the bush.
And from now on they will be the only place in Kenya to serve a real traditional Spanish Omelete.

I we ever go back to Kenya. we will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mara Eden Safari Camp? Share your experiences!