Our family of 7 stayed here 2 nights. We were first given 3 tents without views of the river despite being told we would have a view. The next day they did arrange to shift us to better rooms. We enjoyed watching the hippos n crocks in the river. The rooms are large, clean, with modern bathrooms. The balcony had a nice bed and table. They were the only hotel which charged $10 for wifi, which was brutally slow. At night we enjoyed a dance from the masai tribal people. The hotel is about 1 hour from the main masai mara gate. It was a brutal bumpy ride, but well worth it once we went on game drives. We saw herds of zebra, wildebeest, lions mating, hippos fighting, baboons, etc. A fun experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ASHNIL MARA CAMP The game drive experience offered at Ashnil Mara Camp is guaranteed to fascinate any safari enthusiast. For those in love with flora and fauna, the drive to go on safari is triggered by the desire to see wildlife and vegetation in their natural habitat. We give you an opportunity to spot wildlife on a running commentary of information given by our experienced driver guides. Our game drives are conducted in 4x4 vehicles, which are equipped to cover the rough terrains associated with safaris. The camp comprises 56 luxurious tents set overlooking the picturesque vast of Mara. Come catch the wildebeest migration amid a raw blend of luxury and the wild. A true destination with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ashnil Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ashnil Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve