Stayed here on 7 and 8 th dec and it was disappointing.
Though Oltome tries to sell itself as a lodging offering real bush experiences 'like no another', much more can be done to ensure that it meets one-star standards. Here is a record of issues that the management may like to address:
1. Filthy bed-sheets, towels and pillows marked by cobwebs and cigarette-smoke
2. Irregular meal-times that were close to an hour past published or announced schedule
3. Cracks and openings in tent (which makes it unsafe)
4. Poorly stocked gift shop and beverage corner: they claim to have sprite and coke but failed on their promise to stock up. Last seen, the fridge was empty as a desert.
5. Very poor and bad service. With the exception of counter staff, Sophie, the rest were unsmiling and looked as if they didn't know what basic hospitality was.
On our first night, a kenyan couple reported the loss of valuables from their tent. The management tried to play it down but thank God for our guide who told the staff that we know kungfu and they had better not try their luck with us !?! One of those rare positive stereotypes against chinese...lol.
- Also Known As:
- Oltome Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oltome Resorts Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve