We spent 4 days and 3 nights in this camp! It has all tents with personal toilets and shower rooms and a writing desk and safe as well.
The verandah was overlooking the Ngama hills and it was peaceful to sit there and relax, read a book, or just have tea.
The food was good. The staff is very friendly and Chef moses is amazing. Lots of energy and dance. We were treated with masai dance on two of the nights.
They even did a welcome dance when guests arrived, but unfortunately, they didnt dance for us. I wonder why.
One problem is, you can charge your phones, camera's only between 6 to 9 pm. this is a bit inconvenient as we usually returned from the game drive after 7 and had very less time to charge. But the staff at the reception did let us charge the phones there.
One day we didnt get any towels. I was asking for them since 10 am, but we got it only after 6 pm :-( has to take an evening shower that day.
The Lady at the SPA is very nice, lidiya or something. I forgot her name.
She gave a good back and neck massage and foot massage as well.
Overall the stay will pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentrim Mara Game Lodge is located in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, 3 km from Sekenani gate. The entire camp is spread out over 100 acres of tranquil surroundings and where acacia trees whistle through the night. The main guest area consists of the Reception, Lounge, Restaurant, Bar, Fire Place, Pool Bar, Jacuzzi and Swimming Pool. The lodge has a total of 64 en-suite standard, superior tents as well as family houses (Concrete). All rooms are equipped with Private hot shower, In-room safe deposit box, solar power and coffee making facilities. Maasai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 4 1/2 hours drive by road and 40 minutes by air. Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 20 minutes. The Masai Mara climate is mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid April to May and the short rains from November to early December. Recreation activities e.G. Guided nature walks, game drives, balloon safaris, Maasai culture talk, Manyatta village visits & Maasai dancers; can be organized upon request at a fee. Other services offered at the camp include; sundowner cocktails, bush breakfast / bush lunch and dinner within the lodge, massage services and can be organized upon request at a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Sentrim Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sentrim Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve