We went to Masai Mara during 1st week of August and came to know about Enchoro through a website. Sharing my overall experience with you.
Booking for Enchoro can be done either online or at their office. As I was staying in Nairobi that time, so I visited their office to inquire details. Staff was courteous and friendly. We were asked that van will come to pick us up from our hotel.
I went in a group of 7 people. Van came to pick us up from our hotel and we started at 7:45 am from Nairobi. Its close to 6 hours journey from Nairobi to Masai Mara. Our driver was good and was driving well.During the journey, you can find some beautiful landscapes. 80% of the journey has smooth road but last 20% of the journey before reaching Mara isn't good at all. Finally we reached the camp at Mara at around 2:15 pm in the afternoon.
Camp is pretty OK. (After all it a camp :) ) Staff greeted us at the gate. There was some confusion related to allotment of room as they were over-booked. So, we had to wait for sometime. Finally we got our tents. Tent had 2 beds and attached toilet. Mosquito nets were also provided.
Food & Refreshments:
One of the major drawbacks in my opinion is they have fixed time to serve tea/coffee or refreshments (food I can understand, but not even drinks !! ). After 6 hours of journey we were really tired and needed a hot cup of tea. Manager told us that we will get FREE tea after dinner. I told him I'm not going to till that time to get a cup of tea; I was ready to pay but in vein. So be prepared for this.
Also, for vegetarian there were only 1-2 options. So, carry some light snacks with you.
We were there for 2 nights and 3 days. And really nothing can beat Mara. We saw the great wilder beast migration and was really amazing. We saw the sun rise there which was really breathtaking :) No wonder people often refer Masai Mara as 8th wonder of the world !!
Near to one of the Mara entrance gates. So saves time to into Mara early in the morning. Masai Village is close by.
Lack of refreshments is what I did not liked.
Rest, happy journey to Mara. Enjoy !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelBookers and EasyToBook so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve