The staff were friendly. We felt safe. The food was extremely average. The facilities were poor. And the entire camp was rundown and ill-maintained. The bed dipped in the middle. The mattresses and pillows were rigid and unforgiving. The tent-room dark and dank and unwelcoming. The shower leaked gallons of filthy water all into the bedroom and into the toilet stall (and likely had been doing so for months or years.) It was impossible to keep your feet dry inside the tent. The toilet was open-air inside the tent, unhealthy, uncomfortable, and lacking any modicum of privacy. Electricity is only on for a few hours per day. The lights inside the tent did not provide much light. The exterior light on our tent was not working, and the staff said it never worked. Only electrical outlets in the dining facility that everyone fights over. If you are travelling on a shoestring budget, then you can save some money. But if you want any electricity, internet, cell phone service, or level of sanitation; look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve