We stayed here August/September 2012 for 3 nights booked through www.asiliadventuressafaris.com. This is not a luxury camp but had everything we needed, we were there for the safari experience and the camp is 5 mins from the Mara Park gate. The tented accomodation was huge, we had 4 beds so there was plenty of room for just 2 of us. The beds were comfy and we could hear jackals calling in the night which added to the adventure! Each tent has its own toilet and shower with hot water available at all times. The food is good and plenty of it and the staff all very friendly and helpful. Electricity is available for a couple of hours in the morning and evening but this was plently for charging a couple of camera batteries. There is a camp fire every evening which you are welcome to sit around with the local Maasai who run the camp. The only downside was plastic rubbish that was strewn around the village outside the camp, it would be good if the park authority could use some of the revenues from the fees to provide rubbish collection areas/facilities or request plastic recycling. This would be beneficial both to the Maasai villagers living there as well helping to protect the Mara environment and wildlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best budget accommodation value for your stay in a tent at the Masai Mara under Canvas in the African Sky. Enchoro Wildlife Camp in Masai Mara gives you the real comforts of camping experience just like a home. It has 25 large permanent tented camps that are well furnished with facilities like writing table, foldable safari chairs, lockers, magazines all ensuite with flash toilets and running hot and cold water all day. Rooms are single, double / twin, triple and a four beds tent that offer camping with a bit more comfort. They are ideal for those who enjoy the camping experience but don't have the time or energy to set up and pull down a traditional tent. Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve