If someone is looking for a no luxury very basic accommodation in Masai Mara, then this place is worth the mention. We had booked out 6N/7D package through Africa adventure home (Highly recommended & ask for Ken as the tour guide. He was just superb). We had booked 2 months in advance but when we reached there we were shocked to hear from the Manager Mr. Fred that the tents were not ready & needed to be repaired to get them in livable condition. We found that very fishy as we traveled during the peak season of The Migration (August 16th to August 22nd 2012). He tried to convince us that there was a employee of his who had traveled to a nearby town (Narok) to get the ingredients to repair the tents.
However looking at the property we found no signs of repairing whatsoever. Fred then told us that he had booked us in another nearby camp for a night & then we would return back to Enchoro for the remaining 2 nights, but kindly he said we could have all our meals at Enchoro,
We found the other camp very bad. Not clean, no attached showers or toilets & full of Monkeys.
We insisted that this camp was unacceptable & after lot of so called phone calls Fred said okay he would provide us accommodations at Enchoro. After asking him repeatedly why he was doing this, Fred said they had overbooked their reservations by almost 140% hence he wanted us to stay us in this different camp for him to accommodate others.
Once we got our camp, it was decent. Clean, attached WC & Hot shower (both separate but usable). There were 2 separate single beds with only 1 bed having a Mosquito net. We had carried our own nets so that wasnt a major problem.
Food was basic with bread, a pasta , a beef dish, a potato dish & some fruits for lunch & Dinner & Eggs, pancakes, beef sausages, bread & butter + tea/coffee for breakfast.
I will still recommend this place as it is very close to OOLAIMATIA reserve gate. At least it was clean & well guarded. Overall if someone is looking for a very basic no fuss stay as masai mara this is a good choice.
Tip: Please make sure you call them & reconfirm your booking (yourself or via the agent) before you reach this place especially during the peak season & carry your own mosquito nets)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best budget accommodation value for your stay in a tent at the Masai Mara under Canvas in the African Sky. Enchoro Wildlife Camp in Masai Mara gives you the real comforts of camping experience just like a home. It has 25 large permanent tented camps that are well furnished with facilities like writing table, foldable safari chairs, lockers, magazines all ensuite with flash toilets and running hot and cold water all day. Rooms are single, double / twin, triple and a four beds tent that offer camping with a bit more comfort. They are ideal for those who enjoy the camping experience but don't have the time or energy to set up and pull down a traditional tent. Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve