We stayed two nights in the camp. We were expecting to enter into a luxury tented camp, inside the Masai Mara as mentionned on their web site but it is completely wrong.
There is no reception, no boutique, no animation (for example, on their web site, they mentionned traditional masai Dance, not seen during our two days/nights, balloon safari idem, etc). very disapointful and misleading.
The camp is NOT inside the Masai Mara as indicated on the web site but at 20 minutes from the park entrance.
The level of comfort is very poor (the "bathroom" is not well designed, no miror, no curtain for the shower so everything is imediately flooded, toilet was not in a good shape, we got only two towel for three), there was no light on the "terasse" (light was removed or broken), only one inside the tent and even no candle for night (generator stop at 10h30).
we book for three (with my spouse and 5 Yo son) and the tent was full with one double bed and three single beds (was a kind of storage?) so no place at all for any kind of table (look at the picture on their web site, it is nicely furnished), no chair, etc...
The food was also very disapointing, the "soi disant" buffet was not a buffet at all but a single menu (in two days, it was almost the same).
When arriving, I have asked for the key of our tent and was told in a very unfriendly manner by the manager "Don't ask for the key" because it is safe there (i believe it is supposed to be safe in every hotel in the world while this is the first time In my life (and I travel a lot worldwide) that i could not get the key of my room).
The worst experience of my long carrier of traveller.
The worst being that I could have booked much better for the same price but I was even ready to pay more because we were looking for comfort and have been badly influenced by their web site.
For sure I would not recommend this tented camp but it seems it is relatively known as there was nearly nobody (5 people including the three of us the first night and few more the day after).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve