This was the last of several places we stayed on safari. The tents are fine, the hot water is hot but has a strong smell of rust. The electricity was generator and on early in the morning and evening. The food was very limited but adequate. The main issues we had were the noise and the focus on the locals who seemed to congregate in the center yard in the evening around an old oil barrel that served as a bonfire at night. Those gathered removed the furniture from our porch to sit and talk late into the evening. We asked to be moved due to noise and we were placed directly next to the kitchen which was even louder with loud talking and banging until 12:30am. The generator was to be off by 10:30 but one night the partying in the kitchen and lobby went on past midnight. There is no lobby or central place for guest to relx because the locals are filling the area for guests. There is no wifi or television so, because of this, you are banished to your tent. Since the chairs were removed from the porch, you needed to stay in the tent. No mosquito nets were provided. The Maasai Mara park is the best however, this was no a highlight of our journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve