I’m not a fan of camping and when my family announced on the bus that we were staying in tented accommodation my face must have been a picture!
However, my fears abated when I realised this is more Glamping, tents with real beds and a plumbed in bathroom. Oh, one thing I would say is pack something to sleep in as it can really get chilly at night.
The resort is just outside the Mara and a very short drive will take you to the gate. We were able to fit in 2 drives in our 24 hour pass.
The food was fine and basic, a word of warning though; do not ask for a poached egg, they do them in vinegar!
If you were expecting luxury you may well be disappointed, I was expecting tents so I was happy to have a bed and proper shower!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve