Having recently returned from a 4 night stay at Ol Moran on 7th January we need to share our views and also respond to a scathing review from a previous visitor. Before our visit, we actually took the time to check the Ol Moran website ( lets assume internet is available in Europe) to be clear on the accommodation and facilities available - the description "tented camp" along with the rugged roads leading to Ol Moran, suggested to us that there was no 5 star oasis at the end of the path. The word " tent " gave us reason not to expect an expansive 3 bedroom apartment with Van Gogh's dangling from the wall. Did i mention that we checked the website before our visit......therefore we were aware of the electricity and hot water time schedules and consequently were remarkably able to equip ourselves with a torch and shower (together - as 2 people fit comfortably ) within the allocated times. The surrounding grounds were well groomed, and a lion attack on cattle beyond the fence, some 150 mtrs from our tent, gave us a more than adequate feeling of "camping in the bush". The food was of very good quality, and never lacked quantity - additionally we found by asking the staff about the dish gave the opportunity to converse with them to mutual benefit. Overall, in our opinion, Ol Moran more than met our expectations - it certainly was better than identical camps in Australia (actually, we don't have lions, zebras, elephants etc) while sadly, it apparently falls short of identical camps in europe. Well done to the friendly staff of Ol Moran - your efforts were appreciated, and the camp will be strongly recommended to others. Rob and Anne, Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve