We booked a safari with Visit Mount Kenya Tours, and we should have a private safari with 4-5 star accomodation the whole trip.
Ol Moran definatly is not in that range, staff not polite, food was really not what we were used too, very little choise, not really enjoyable. When they were cleaning the tables after diner in the place that is the restaurant, some of the spoons fell on the floor. Without cleaning them they were put back in the drawers for the next diner......
After one night in this camp we refused to stay there longer, on the iternerary of Visit Mount Kenya Tours we should stay in Mara Sopa Lodge for 2 days but because there were no rooms available (as the travelcompany told us) we had to go back to Ol Moran.
We paid the room in Sopa ourselves (of course there were rooms but they were not as cheap as Ol Moran) because we really didn't like te place at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve