The tents are basic but comfortable, with a variety of bed arrangements (double, double and twin, 2 doubles and twin, etc.). While the tents are spacious, the arrangement of beds in our tent meant you had to squeeze between beds to reach the (ensuite) bathroom (which was also quite large). The sleeping and bath rooms were clean, but the water situation was not the best. Our tent did not always have running water, and it never had warm water, which, after a drive in the park, is most welcomed.
The food was excellent and served buffet style. Great local dishes. The staff were very helpful, but you had to speak up if you needed something. I had to ask about our water situation several times.
The location is an excellent base for exploring the Masai Mara--it is just minutes away from the gate into the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve