We spent a peaceful night and great game drive day in this camp situated a kilometer from Masai Mara's Ololaimutiek Gate. The very pumpy road and the roadsides to the camp area (there are several camp sites nearby) are tanged with plastic bags and other waste. The reason is the chaotically growing village near the Park's gate.
Never-the-less our camp was peaceful and beautiful inside its own fencing. The tents (14 only) are normal, not-too-big, self-contained safari tents with separate tatched roofings. There is not too much space, so the possible sounds from the neigh'bouring tents is inevitable.
The small restaurant is airy and clean with a bar and lounge area. All the meals were good and served by the very attentive, friendly staff.
The power supply (by own generators) is on between 18-22 and 06-10 AM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an exclusive and intimate tented camp positioned to make you feel close to nature as much as possible.The camp is situated within the Masai Mara eco system on the banks of Olalaimutia River. Available are 19 spacious tents made up of single, doubles and one honeymooners' suite. The meals are buffet enjoyed either in the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight your senses. What one must not miss watching at the camp is the traditional Masai Dance with the bonfire and during day time one can take part in numerous escapades including adventures in the wild, nature trails and most of all the balloon safaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo so you can book your Ol-moran Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Hotel Nairobi
- Ol-Moran Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve