“Ben samante.. MAJI MOTO! ''always remains unique''” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maji Moto Eco Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maji Moto Eco Camp
You added Maji Moto Eco Camp to your Saves list
Maji Moto, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
nairobi
“Ben samante.. MAJI MOTO! ''always remains unique''”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

to be honest,i didnt believe that one day ill find myself participating all the activities in the camp! i met the so called maasai worriors,their training and tactics they showed me while in the bush,is enough for me even to face these lions its unbelievable!!.am still asking myself alot of questions about the hot spring!meet the maasai people in the camp and they will tell you alot if not everything about their CULTURE,ANIMALS of which the night game driver was super!.for those who love nature,it just explains itselfs.and that is why i loved maji moto camp more than any other place!thankyou eyes on africa for exploring the place and build the place!if not you,i could have not knew how to make the natural fire without the lighter,otherwise,i will always miss you maji moto.it will always remain in my heart.thanks alot.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Your camp was extra fine. I would recommend ti to all nature lovers who like desert plants. Meeting the masai people and seeing their knowledge is also very inspiring. View from the camp site is unique and I also liked the mud and wood native look of the bathroom and dining room/roof. Keep on Roman and Neva.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Place you just need to love. Great view, nice local dining and very pleasant experience with Masai. I have to mention the best team from company Eyes on Africa Safaris. We had the best driver and their team made our journey better.
Thanks guys....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

One of the most amazing experiences I ever had in my life. I came all the way from New York City. I stayed in Africa for two weeks. My finest memories of my African trip will always be about the weekend I spent at Maji Moto Camp. It is incredibly beatiful. I made many friends with the staff and the Masai people who are very smart and helpful. The walking safari was very fun and enjoyable. The evening dip in the hot spring was a treat. The food is very good and served throughout the day. I recomend the Maji Moto for all people. One of the best experiences of my life.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Diani Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Absolutely bloody fantastic! My family has travelled all over East Africa on safari and I can honestly say this was one of the best trips we have ever done. Our 2 children (age 6 & 12yrs) went almost unseen for a week and where kept constantly busy, interested and motivated by Maji Moto Camps fantastic wilderness setting and the activities on offer. The Maasai staff and management went beyond all reasonable efforts to really introduce our children (as well as my wife and I) to the Maasai way of life, their culture and traditions. Truly fascinating and a very unique feeling of freedom and self awareness, trekking with truly fearless Maasai warriors. The mountain biking and walking safaris put us in touch with a very special environment that sitting in a vehicle would never have afforded us. I really could not recommend it enough (especially for families) and we are definitely planning a return trip shortly !
Simon Englefield

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place is awesome! I stayed in Maji Moto camp for several days with my friends in 2009 and 2011. The staff, Masai people from the village are very helpful and ready to share the knowledge about the nature.
Visited local school, did walking safari, evening dip in hot spring is top of the top.
Learnt some archery and spear throwing, did some traditional dancing and had a really fun time!

The food was very good, let me say delicious.

This is the place where you feel that you live one to one with the nature.
All tents have an amazing view, its set on a hill overlooking Loita plains.

We had a wonderful time and plan to return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Newport, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our first stop on a month's safari and it still stands out as the place we talk about most. We have stayed at many high end lodges in the Mara and elsewhere now and on a previous long trip, but much prefer Maji Moto. This is not an intense wildlife viewing experience, as animals are not habituated, but the walks and activities with our Maasai hosts were so much more relaxed and "real" than other touristic camps and lodges, it stands out as one of the highlights. We tested local plants, learned how many are used medicinally or for foods; played Maasai warrior and campfire games; laughed and sang. Chatting around the campfire, we had non-stop access to our hosts to ask questions, share experiences, compare our cultures. This is a place for families, couples or small groups - there are only a few tents - comfortable and clean, by the way, with gorgeous views over the Loita plains; and a wonderful outdoor shower built into the rock of the hill. Just don't touch the poison arrows!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Maji Moto Eco Camp? Share your experiences!