We stayed in 8 different lodges through Tanzania and Kenya and this was our favorite by far. Everywhere we stayed was lovely and all the staff were friendly and helpful but Sekenani camp was a level above the rest.
The location is lovely, tucked on the far edge of the Masai Mara in a lush wooded valley. With only 14 tents everyone has privacy and space to enjoy the surrounding. The accommodation is spacious, clean and comfortable and although this was not the most luxurious place we stayed, it had a charm which existed nowhere else.
For us though, the staff we the best we have experienced anywhere in the world and we left feeling that we had been welcomed into a family and had made genuine friends. James and Sophia in the restaurant were attentive and caring, Joseph, the barman anticipated our needs with his gentle ways. Doris on reception was always 'smiley' and 'bubbly' and even David and Tyson who escorted us to and from Dinner each evening always took the time to chat and show us things of interest on the way.
While we were there we celebrated my husband's 60th birthday and all the staff made it a magical day that neither of us will forget for which I am truly grateful.
I am certain this wonderful service is due to the visionary Manager, Kapur. We were fortunate enough to enjoy several fascinating chats with Kapur about his philosophies on sustainable tourism and minimal environmental impact. Philosophies he has embraced at the camp to enable it to be self-sufficient in both food and energy. His nurturing of the environment and his staff has resulted in a little slice of paradise in the Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekenani Camp offers an authentic bush experience for visitors wishing to get close to nature. Set at the source of Sekenani River, The camp offers a serene environment in which to relax, unwind and enjoy all the Mara has to offer. It comprises fifteen exceptionally well-designed tents set well apart for ensure maximum privacy. Each tent has a wooden floor and en-suite bathroom complete with full-length bathtub. The camp is accessible in five hours by road or a 45minute flight from Nairobi. Custom safari Vehicles are available by reservation. In addition to game drives in the reserve, guest may walk along the river or over the hills behind the camp escorted by Masai guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sekenani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekenani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sekenani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve