The Sekenani Camp was part three of our stay in Kenya, when we visited the Maasai Mara. It was a long way to travel from Nairobi, but wow, was it worth it. What a stunning place. Everything about this place is amazing from their tented accommodation, the food, the service, the animals that visited and were able to feed, to their green, eco friendly policy throughout the camp, a refreshing change to see in Africa.
I wasn't very well when I arrived at Sekenani, but the staff couldn't do enough for me. Directed by manager Mr. Kapur, he has a real knowledge of how to look after you.
The food is amazing, prepared on site with vegetables from their garden and even more amazing when you hear the story of how their chef learnt everything he knows from a Jamie Oliver cookbook and the BBC's Good Food channel.
Also don't let the tents put you off, these are the most stunning tents you will ever stay in. They are in the trees with a beautiful comfy bed and bathroom.
You will see some great wildlife whilst you are there too, whether its the Genet Cat on your roof at night, the bats and birds that fly around the camp, the monkeys that come to visit throughout the day and investigate what you have that they can steal, to the beautiful black Bush Babies that visit whilst you are having dinner. A few days earlier before we arrived, a family of Elephants came out of the bush on to the lawn, how special would that have been to see. Their footprints where still there to see when we arrived.
This is truly a great place to stop whilst on the Massai Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekenani Camp offers an authentic bush experience for visitors wishing to get close to nature. Set at the source of Sekenani River, The camp offers a serene environment in which to relax, unwind and enjoy all the Mara has to offer. It comprises fifteen exceptionally well-designed tents set well apart for ensure maximum privacy. Each tent has a wooden floor and en-suite bathroom complete with full-length bathtub. The camp is accessible in five hours by road or a 45minute flight from Nairobi. Custom safari Vehicles are available by reservation. In addition to game drives in the reserve, guest may walk along the river or over the hills behind the camp escorted by Masai guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sekenani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekenani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sekenani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve