We travel a lot and so far this has been the best experience we have ever had when it comes to service and hospitality. The only problem was that the Lodge was so nice (with our room overlooking a hippo pool), it's easy to stay there and not go for a game drive: the room, the pool area, the spa, the restaurant are all nice places to just hang out and watch the hippos and crocodiles in the river. Room was superb: large comfy bed, fireplace, hot bath & shower from solar heating, flushing toilet. Also very nice spa on-site with great view of hippos and crocs, with the occasional monkey passing by. An experience of a lifetime! It is exactly as shown on their website. Electrical power was available all the time we were (awake) at the lodge. Game drives were great! Steve is an excellent driver, and he knows how to find the animals! It was like being in National Geographic live! We saw lots of animals: zebras, giraffes, impalas, wildebeests, buffaloes, cheetah, jackals, hyenas, elephants, baboons, monkeys, lions (some with fresh kills), etc. etc. We highly recommend the full-day game drive to the Masai Mara National Park. The game walk with Masai Daniel passing by the nearby Masai village was very interesting. The chef was excellent and discussed every meal with us. Our private butler Evans was attentive to our every need and beyond. Ngerende also supports the local Masai, such as building a school for the Masai children. The lodge is fantastic, but what impressed us most is the level of personalized service. They really want you to have a great time, and that is what you get. We highly recommend Ngerende for an unforgettable experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve