I am a little late on reviewing this one, but just had to put it in...We traveled to the Masai Mara in December 2011 and I must say, that having traveled a lot, this was by far the best experience in Hospitality....At Ngerende, they welcome you like they have been waiting only for you...feels special !
The entire staff is introduced and they note your likes and dislikes. The chef at Ngerende is just amazing...he makes the most awesome dishes !!! We stayed there for 3 nights and I couldn't get enough of his delicious food !! Since I love cooking myself, one morning I felt the urge to cook myself my favorite breakfast of eggs (Indian Style), and the chef very gladly let me into their kitchen and helped me cook !! It was a wonderful experience....will never forget it :)
The service is sooo personlized, the chef would have our names written beautifully with cream in our Soups...
But what I liked most about Ngerende is that everyday, they changed the location of our meals....they set-up a beautiful table and let you enjoy every aspect of the resort !!
The spa is also a must try...a relaxing massage overlooking the river !!
They try and make your stay soo comfortable that there is nothing you will need that they dont make available....I had misplaced my luggage while traveling and had no safari shoes...they gave me a pair to use for our entire stay..must say, very accommodating !!
I would not only recommend going here, but also will definitely go back there myself again !!
We had the most memorable, romantic, personalized and beautiful experience at Ngerende !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve