We have just returned from our 3 night stay at Ngerende Island Lodge and miss it already! I am quite a critical traveller and can usually find something lacking in most accommodations. Not at Ngerende. The suites are my exact idea of what would be the perfect place to spend the night in the Masai Mara. The game drives were just right, the food was exceptional, the service was attentive, even the weather cooperated (we were warned that it is long rain season in April, but we only had a few sprinkles on our last morning there).
All the big things are done well of course, and the small details made Ngerende extra special for me: hot or cold towels awaiting you when you return from an outing (game drive or walk); hot bath waiting when you return to your suite for the night; nice warm fire burning in your suite in the evening; well thought out and designed canvas "tent" enclosures in the suites; beautiful mosquito netting surrounding the bed, which was not claustrophobic :). And of course the fabulous organic garden... and spa ;)
It is obvious that the owners have spent considerable time and money to get everything just right. We will definitely be returning to this "island" paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve