Stayed here in June 2013 as part of my 60th birthday celebrations. It was a quiet time in camp as ust before great migration. Food was very good- except pre breakfast before early morning safari was not always ready in time and a bit sparse but that could be because only a handful of us there. Service was excellent otherwise. Accommodation brilliant except we had no hot water for most of the time but did not detract from our stay. All our safaris were just amazing. Our guide was superb and thanks to him we saw a cheetah kill which is a rare sight and breakfast one day out under a tree was fab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve