After completing business in Nairobi I needed to immerse myself in nature. A local travel agent recommended several tent camps and I carefully chose the Karen Blixen Camp for their responsible approach to tourism, contribution to the local community and location on the river Mara. It was a perfect decision! I came alone but never felt alone. I had both the privacy and interaction I was looking for and much more. I echo all the other reviews here: the kitchen is outstanding, the game drives suburb, the accommodations comfortable warm and inviting. I loved my tent!!! Number 4 on the bend of the river with the rushing water sound lulling me to sleep at night. There was always plenty of hot water for a wonderful outdoor shower and the food was very good! The staff, however, are the shining stars of this lodge. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel special. From the heart. Robert, the manager, was always there with a smile making sure things were special, I learned so much from Duncan about the animals on the Mara as he took me on game drives, Dunson took good care of my lodging and Kisaka made sure I had everything I needed while dining - overlooking the river and the hippos. I was there 3 nights - 4 days and would have liked to remain longer. I will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve